Atlantic Pines Oral Surgery & Anesthesia has been built and certified to the latest NFPA 99 Category 1 Life Safety standards for healthcare facilities.
Mission: Our mission is simple; to provide comprehensive oral surgery and dental anesthesia services to our community in a setting that is designed to minimize stress and anxiety. The construction and design of Atlantic Pines was carried out with your safety and comfort as our priority.
Facility: Here at Atlantic Pines Oral Surgery & Anesthesia we take your safety and wellbeing seriously and we have gone above and beyond in designing our facility. Atlantic Pines Oral Surgery & Anesthesia has been built and certified to the latest NFPA 99 Category 1 Life Safety standards for healthcare facilities. This means that our office has been inspected by a 3rd party certifier and meets all of the necessary standards to provide deep sedation and general anesthesia in an outpatient (non-hospital) setting. Patients, and parents can rest assured that our facility has been outfitted with top of the line safety equipment and technology. Also, in case of a power outage, we have a fully automated back-up generator that can power our entire center, so that there is never an interruption in our ability to keep you safe. This truly makes Atlantic Pines Oral Surgery & Anesthesia a one-of-a-kind dental surgery facility, and the place where you want your surgery and anesthesia performed.
How are we doing?: It is no secret that a trip to the oral surgery office is not one that most look forward to. We’ve used years of experience and feedback to help create an environment that will help minimize any stress or anxiety that may be associated with your appointments. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve and welcome any feedback that you may have for us.
Thank you for considering Atlantic Pines Oral Surgery & Anesthesia for your surgical needs.
Jesse Snow, DMD
Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Hi. I’m Jesse Snow, a native and very proud “Mainer”. I grew up in Dover-Foxcroft and love the outdoors. I’m so happy to be offering oral surgery services to our state.
After high school I moved to Michigan where I studied health sciences and majored in biology at Albion College. After college I was accepted into Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and completed my dental training there in Boston.
After graduating from Tufts, I matched into a 4-year post-graduate oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. Part of this residency involved training at Nemours/Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children, the Wilmington VA Medical Center for Veterans, as well as Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
I am associated with the following professional organizations:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member Maine Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member York County Dental Society
My wife Lily and I met in dental school and have settled happily in southern Maine. In my spare time I enjoy downhill and backcountry skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, fly fishing, home improvement/woodworking and exploring Maine. I also love spending time with my family in Piscataquis county.
Lily Hu, DMD
Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Anesthesiology
Dr. Lily Hu is a board certified dentist anesthesiologist. She earned her Doctorate in Dental Medicine Degree from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and completed her anesthesia training at Stony Brook University Hospital. This was the only level one trauma center in Suffolk Country, New York, where she provided full spectrum of anesthesia care for surgeries ranging from organ transplants, urological, dental/oral surgery, ear-nose-throat, vascular, plastic, orthopedic, neurosurgery, trauma, to pediatric and adult general surgery.
It is her passion and commitment to bring a safe, comfortable, and customized anesthesia plan for all dental patients, including the pediatric, special needs, and adult patients who are medically complex or with dental anxiety. Dr. Hu contributes regularly to anesthesia publications and actively lectures on local and national level in sedation, general anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, and emergency management topics. She is committed to increasing access to dental care with safe and effective modalities of anesthesia for all dental patients.
Dr. Hu currently holds the following professional appointments:
- Director of Anesthesia and Pain Control – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Examiner- American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Staff Anesthesiologist – Franciscan Children’s Hospital
- Lecturer and Clinical Instructor – Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Member – Editorial board for Journal of Massachusetts Dental Society
Insurances we participate with:
- Delta Dental
- United Concordia Dental
- Harvard Pilgrim Medical
- Cigna Dental/Medical
Out of Network Insurances:
If our office is out of network with your insurance company, we will still submit dental claims as a courtesy to you but will expect payment in full on the day of service. Should your insurance provider make a payment to our office on your behalf, this amount will be refunded to the guarantor of your policy. Refunds are issued to accounts in good standing and are issued monthly in the form of a mailed check.
Other Payment Information:
- Cash, Checks, Debit Cards accepted
- Care Credit: an option for interest free financing for healthcare needs, Apply online (https://www.carecredit.com/apply) or at our office.
- Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
We offer the following services:
- Dental Extractions
- Management of Impacted Teeth
- Extraction of impacted teeth & wisdom teeth
- Exposure and forced eruption of impacted teeth
- Bone Grafting of the Jaws
- Sinus lift
- Extraction socket grafting
- Block grafting/reconstruction of the jaws
- Platelet Rich Fibrin Therapy
- Tooth Replacement with Dental Implants
- Management of Dental and Facial Trauma
- Management of Dental Abscess/Infection
- Dental Emergency Management
- Diagnosis and Management of Oral Pathology
- Full range of Anesthesia options for oral surgery procedures (including children, adolescents, adults, and individuals with special needs)
- Local Anesthesia
- Minimal Sedation Options
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- Oral medication
- Moderate Sedation Options
- Oral medication + nitrous oxide
- Intravenous (IV) medications
- Deep Sedation/General Anesthesia Options
- Intravenous (IV) medications
- Potent inhalational anesthetic
- Intramuscular (IM) medication